Total Pageviews

Friday, October 4, 2013

Circus of Fools, Day 4: Oh I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again.



Before I begin today's rant, I want to clear something up. A few of readers (No TC and JW this song is not about you, but you can dance if you want to.) got grumpy with me yesterday and last night over some of the things I have written lately. They accused me of “poor reporting” and “being flippant (Yes someone actually used the word Flippant) about the problems we are facing with the current shutdown or as I like to call it, Fugg Up, A Go Go! (Everybody hula!)
So let me take this moment or three to clear something up. I am not a reporter. In no way shape or form do I attempt to report the news. Hells with the exception of this week, the things I rant about maybe weeks or even months old. Now I do attempt to use as much accurate data as I can to support my rants, but I am not a in depth, dig till it hurts kind of guy. Nor am I am a Humorist. My Brother Ben Baker has an excellent syndicated humor column if you ever want to read it. I oftentimes try to make the funnies happen, but for the most part I just kind of “yell” a lot.
If you want in depth news coverage and biting punditry, watch the Daily Show and the Colbert Report. If you want humor and empty, but witty banter watch the Communist News Network or FauxNews Commentary. (Wait did I get those mixed up again?) All I am is a loud mouth with a blog. Sure the blog is read in a dozen countries by way to many people with too much time on their hands, but it still just a loud mouth with a blog. I king of like it that way. Being responsible takes all the fun out of things. Anyhoo, on with da rant!
So for those of you just joining us or who have been living under a rock somewhere (Go back! Its not too late!) for the past week, we are in the midst of a full fledged Gubberment Shutdown! Yup, those rascals in DC are at it again with their knee slapping shenanigans. They shout, they scream and do the mystic “Pointing of Fingers” dance while America slides down the old Crapper. (Well further down anyways.) If you have missed the “It is everyone else who is to blame, but not us! No Sir!” fiasco count yourselves lucky.
Now in the midst of all this turmoil, our beloved POTUS has announced that he has canceled an upcoming trip around Asia. Huzzah! Way to go! Wow...that should have been a no brainer. Really? You guys had to ponder that one? Hundreds of thousands of people out of work because you guys can't do your jobs. Many many more currently working without pay and praying you yahoos don't stretch this out longer than the food currently in the pantry will last? All of this and more because of the ongoing train wreck that is our government and you didn't cancel Ohh just a wee bit sooner?
Now I will be the first to admit that we need to work on Asian Relations. We most certainly need to keep on good terms with our Chinese Overlords. One wrong move and they can repossess the whole durned country. (Rimshot!) However, the midst of a complete Shutdown is probably not the best time to do this. Avoiding the whole money issue for a minute (Keep in mind that others are still going although the costs will prolly be a tad lower. Its just Kerry for gosh sakes.), what kind of signl does it send to the American People when their Leader flies off to another country while a whole lot of people are furloughed?
IMNSHO (In My Not So Humble Opinion for those who missed previous explanations), The POTUS, Republicans and Democrats should be bunking in their offices and spending every spare second on the floor trying to fix this disaster. I mean, if nothing else, pretend you are really trying instead of posing for photo ops and Tweeting. None of them should be going home, sleeping in their beds and seeing their families till they do something right. So Hurray that the POTUS canceled a trip. Hurray that some Politicians are refusing their paychecks (Very few and note that none of the big guns like Boehner and Reid have done this.). That is splendiferous! Now get up off your butts, stop yelling at each other and do your DAMNED jobs!
End of Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment