Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Truth in Poetry

Some thoughts from an amazing friend of mine.


Down With Hate
by MacT©

I see it in the news almost every single day,
People screaming at the top of their lungs,
“Down with Muslims! Down with Gays!”
Everyone seems mad at everyone else.

My Teacher told me that I was going to Hell,
Because I have two mothers raising me.
She said that the love they share is a Sin!
I don't understand how Love can be wrong.

My Friend's Mom told her she can't come over any more.
She claims that my Moms might make her daughter gay.
The only thing that my Moms might make her is cookies,
Course Mom2's might make her stay away.

I don't pretend to know what God thinks or how he feels.
Maybe one day he might judge Mom1 and Mom2 as bad.
All I can know is what I see every single day.
Two people who love each other and me.

Hate is a powerful emotion that can hurt everyone.
It never builds or creates anything but more hatred.
Can we please stop all the hate from hurting people?
Maybe try a little understanding instead.

I have Two Moms and I love them both very much.
I will never believe that what they feel is wrong.
I have two Moms who love me more than anything.
Everyone should be so lucky.

The World Will Be A Better Place
By:
MacT©

When people stop caring about the Kardashians,
And how much money they spend.
When we care about the family down the street,
And how much food they have to eat.

When people stop fretting about who won Survivor,
And who was unfairly voted off.
Instead we worry for the cold and hungry,
And if they survive at all.

When we stop focusing on Dancing With The Stars,
And whose costume was the prettiest of the pretty.
Instead, we wonder about who has no shoes at all,
And if they have coats to keep them warm.

If people stop listening to the lies that they want to hear,
From Politicians and Businessmen.
If we can listen instead to the truth in everything,
No matter how painful it may be.

If we can learn to see what is important in the world,
Not just for us but for everyone.
We can make the world a better place to live,
and keep it so for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment