Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I AM ROYALLY PISSED OFF! (with due deference to the Queen who is not the royalty in question)


"On the road again..."



    For those of you who do not follow my Facebook Page (Shame on you!), My family has been engaged in the somewhat annoying and very much exhausting process of moving from Georgia to the state of Virginia because my wife has gotten a new, much better paying job in that area.  During this long and very drawn out process, we have encountered barriers and situations that would drive a strong man to drink.  They range from driving 700+ miles to close on the house and being told, "Oh sorry, the paperwork isn't signed yet" to trying to learn to navigate in a very large metro area during rush hour traffic.  So say we have seen our share of problems would be the understatement of the century.
     Finally it looked like every thing was getting straightened out.  We closed on the new house, made arrangements for the movers to bring the things we are taking from GA and even our new high speed interwebz was turned on.  Hey I even have cable again for the first time in 5 years!  So bright and early Monday Morn, I hope in the rental SUV we got to transport all the animules (4 cats, 2 dogs in case you are wondering) and drive 700+ miles to GA so that I can be at the old house early Tuesday to meet the movers so they can pack the house.  (As a side note, I want to add that we had already met with the moving guy two weeks before to confirm the packing/shipping days.)
     About half way through my trip, my wife calls me and informs me that the dude in charge of moving basically anyone associated with the US Gov had called her and left a message on her phone that basically said that the movers had cancelled the move.  Yeah you heard right, CANCELLED on the day before they were scheduled to do the job.
     So after I make it to GA and get a few hours sleep, I start working on the problem.  I call the actual local moving company who are supposed to do the job.  The very surly lady at CARROLL MOVING AND STORAGE in Macon, GA informs me that our move has indeed been cancelled but essentially tells me I am Shift Out Of Luck because she will not help me or even tell me why. 
     So, thanks to my wonderful wife, I finally get in contact with the dude who is actually in charge of all the moves and stuff.  After much frustrating time on the phone on both of our parts, we finally get in touch with someone who actually knows what the FUGG is going on.  We are informed that the reason our move was cancelled was because the office had never received a Moving Inspection Report which basically says that some dude came out looked at everything and said "Ayup, that is  some stuff that needs to be moved," fills out a form and mails it (or faxes not sure which) (As a side note, I'd like to refer you back to the side note of 3 paragraphs ago.)
     So now, I am waiting for more information which hopefully will be forthcoming in the Morning.  As it sits, I have no idea when the movers will come and pack.  I have no idea when they will actually come and move us.  All I know is that I rented a car for a week to drive here for the purpose of dealing with the moving.  I rented for a week instead of a couple of days because I was under the (false) assumption that I'd be overseeing the packing and a day or two later the moving of our stuff.  By the time this is all said and done, I will have spent close to $500. just getting down here (and back again of course) when you figure in gas, food etc and I faced with the very real possibility that I am going to have to do it all over again sometime in the future because a bunch of assholes cannot do their jobs right
     I suppose there is some insane chance for a miracle and Mr. Hardemann (Very cool guy in Texas who is trying to get all of this sorted out) will work out the problem, get the movers here say by Thursday to pack and get us moved by Friday.  Can't be any later than Friday because I have to be back in VA on Saturday to return the SUV.  I believe the chances of this are equal to the proverbial snowball in Hell, but miracles do happen.  After all I found a woman crazy enough to marry me, right?  Still the odds are very good that I will have to turn around and do this shift all over again spending even more money that I really cannot afford to spend right now to get the job down that should have been done the first time.
     With the rant done, let me send this final, heartfelt message to the Cast and Crew of the aforementioned Carroll Moving and Storage because all of this shift is because your boss either forgot to file or just didn't feel like filing three fugging sheets of paper.
End of Rant






No comments:

Post a Comment