Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Out of Sight, Out of their Freaking Minds!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/299098_587919211218264_910397491_n.jpg 
     Okay since my camera skills suck and the camera on my phone is a little ornery, let me explain that the above picture is of a stop sign that is part of a 4 way stop at the local Home Depot.  Someone apparently wasn't paying attention and rammed it hard enough to fold it almost in half.  Bit of a fender bender, but that isn't what this little rant is about.
     I had to make a total of three trips to the Home Despot today.  (Don't ask why, it is not a cheery story)  Each Time I came to this intersection both coming and going from the store, I saw the same thing occur again and again.  The cars approaching the three intact signs all stopped and waited for their turn to pass through the intersection.  Without fail (Well except for when I passed through it.), every car that I saw approach the damaged but still visible sign just sailed right through the intersection without even pausing.  
     (I can also add here that the second time I paused at the damaged sign, the lady behind me actually blew her horn to try to make me move.)
     Now folks, even in the fuzzy picture above, it is pretty obvious that there is a stop sign there.  A wounded, badly bent one, but a STOP sign all the same.  It even has three identical siblings set at equal distances on all sides.  Anyone with any common sense would know that this was still a 4-way stop even with the damaged sign.  (Course one of the things my Daddy always told me was "Bobby, Common Sense Ain't.")
     All of those drivers knew they were in the wrong.  They knew they were breaking the laws of the road.  They would have been peeved as Hell if someone from the other sides (After pausing like they were supposed to.) had pulled out and hit them because they decided not to stop.  And given Human Nature, the Non-Stopping Person would have probably blamed the person that actually obeyed the law.
     So I am forced to ask, "Are they stupid, unobservant or uncaring?"  (Okay so I wasn't technically forced, but I asked anyway)  I will leave it to my readers to decide.
End of rant

No comments:

Post a Comment