Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 30, 2013

In the Belly of the Beasts or A Not So Innocent in DC.

     A special nod to the great Samuel Clemens also known as Mark Twain for the inspiration for the second half of the blog title today.  If you haven't read his  amazing work, "The Innocents Abroad" then you should because it is a funny and extremely insightful look into the world of his time and the people in it.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Innocents_Abroad is the information for it and if you have an E-Book you can download the book here for free or read it online http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3176.  I highly recommend it.  Of course I highly recommend all of his works.
     Starting tomorrow, I will be spending a week in our Nation's Capital, Washington, DC.  That's right!  The Home of Hypocrisy, The Stadium of Stupidity and the Capital of Corruption!  Now I wish I could say I am going there on some important mission, but in reality my wife and I are just going there to look for a possible house to live in after we move there in a few months.  However, this little trip has inspired me.
     So starting tomorrow night-ish, I will be posting at least one blog per day directly from DC.  No real clue what the subjects will be yet, but I am counting on the News and the Location to inspire me to new heights of Assdom.  I mean, I will be literally in the heart of the insanity that is behind 90% of the Shift that drives me nuts every day, so something is bound to happen.  If nothing else, I'll do like Twain did and do some sort of travelogue type thing.
     So hold onto your collective hats and headparts peeples!  Things may get a little bumpy, but I am sure that if we all hang on tight we will be okay.  Keep reading and for Gosh Sake, if you like the columns, please post comments in the Comment Section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment