Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

"Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce," How hard is that?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSvilm3bmroxV_YR8wRtVXoM2bVYNW2sFe6rUh--jTFgPyDqL0tg
How can we mess up your order?
     So I worked most of the day on the house, trying to get it ready to be put on the Market.  I spent hours cleaning and painting.  I would like to add that I did all of this on my 50th Birthday too.  So, after it was all done for the day, I decided that I wanted a burger and fries for dinner.  I hopped into the car, drove down the street to Wendy's and ordered a #7 which is a Triple Cheeseburger Combo.  (I also ordered  Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and fries for my wife, but that is beside the point.)  I told the person living inside the magic sign that all I wanted on the Burger was Ketchup, Mustard and Cheese.  I pulled through the drive thru, picked up my food and left.
     (Now as an aside here, let me state that I should have been less trusting and checked my order before I left, but I was tired, sore and hungry so I didn't.  So I do bear some responsibility for what happened.)
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5yJuqFphriuV4Q_6dhz6wXDJRVk-POzbaYmHgP09IpZLw2rKI
Huh, not exactly what I ordered.
     So I get back home and spend a few minutes feeding the Animules before settling down to enjoy my burger and fries.  Imagine my annoyance when I unwrap my Triple Cheeseburger, ketchup and mustard only and find a Triple Cheeseburger with EVERYTHING except (Fittingly enough) Ketchup and Mustard.  Yup, it had pickles, tomato, lettuce, onions and mayo, but not a drop of Ketchup.
     Folks, I know I placed the right order AND I know the guy who lives in the sign understood me because I could see my order on the little LCD order screen.  So how the fudge did they completely screw it up?  I understand the pay is crappy.  I get that you probably don't want to be there, but come on!  How can they possibly manage to give me the exact opposite of what I ordered?
     Ordinarily, part of the whole "Ass" creed, I would have trotted my angry butt back down to Wendy's showed them the offending burger and made them fix it.  However, today I was just to damned tired.  I cleaned off the offending greenery and ate my burger. 
     As I have pointed out so many times in the past, this ain't rocket science People.  You look at your order screen, make the order listed there and give it to the customer.  Simple as a hot apple pie deep fried in animal grease.  Do your job, do it right and move on. 
End of Rant












    


No comments:

Post a Comment