Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sometimes, just sometimes you don't have to be an Ass.

Gimmee two tickets to paradise!
     Now most of you fine folks know that one of the ways I make my living is kavetching about life, the universe and everything in between.  I have written many articles and blogs about the disturbing decline of the fine art of customer service.  Hopefully all of you have been entertained by the different blogs on the subject here and other places.  However, I also consider myself to be a somewhat fair main and when positive experiences happen, I try to chronicle them as well.  Well, today is one of those rare days where a positive experience happened so here goes!
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQMh4NfwaDFkAbL77Y54QzWC49ZR7QC0HOXlBZigF7qF445bFtfA
A slice of Heaven.

     So after months of planning and plotting and general looking forward to sort of stuff, we arrived at our Condo for some fun in the sun and some Theme Park hopping.  (NVM where but Mouse Ears are very prevalent.)  We get to our suite and I immediately notice little things that annoy me.  Nothing major (Well except for the melted toaster...Yes Melted) but when taken in their entirety they were annoying since we pay a hefty yearly maintenance fee to fix this sort of stuff.
     The next morning, I walk down (Well up actually) to the front desk and talk to the Concierge.  I explain to him all of the problems with the room and tell him that I am annoyed.  Now folks, way to many times when I have done this sort of thing, manager types get all defensive and deny anything is wrong.  I have even had a few imply that it was all my fault.  Needless to say I was expecting another fight on my hands.
     To my complete and utter surprise, Mr. Wolf was very nice and polite.  He seemed sincerely bothered by the fact that our unit (Keeping in mind we are owners not renters) was not to our liking.  He addressed my complaints and offered three different options to address them.  I listened and chose Option B.  I thanked him for his attention and kindness and left.  Problems solved with absolutely no muss or fuss,
     Like I have said so many times in the past, it seems like the concept of customer service is heading the way of the Dodo.  No one seems to care whether or not the customer is happy or satisfied.  The attitude seems to be one of "Fark you, we don't care.  Someone else will come along."  Mr. Wolf satisfied my complaints and made me feel like some people still give a damn.  Definitely a nice way to start our vacation.  Thank you, Mr. Wolf. 
End of...Non-Rant
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_7p6YEbmhWks619m89ALkn9SJl9MSvbju7XWMs-vbb6TzizPTXw
Yummy Toast!
PS To Rant:  As an amusing aside, when I went down to speak to Mr. Wolf, I completely forgot to mention the thing that bothered me the most, melted toaster.  But when I got back to the room, I remembered and called the front desk.  I mentioned my conversation with Wolf and had a new toaster in my room in less than half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment