Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 4, 2013

NONE SHALL PASS! (Owch that was my FOOT!)

     Hokay, so I am out and about to buy some basic grocery like essentials and try to find my lovely wife a special kind of salt for her new diet program.  I bought everything I needed at the Kroger's nearest my house, but could not find her salt even though her friend said it could be bought there.  So in spite of the rain and my bad knees, I headed out to the next Kroger's which is newer and has a wider variety of stuff in the hopes of finding her salt.
    As I walked in, I saw an elderly Black woman standing beside the little motorized carts that the stores provide for those who have mobility issues.  She was wrestling with of those really cool wheeled walker/stool combos while clutching her umbrella under her arm.  She was standing directly beside the only scooter I saw trying to get the walker folded so she could use the Scooter.
    I was on the verge of helping her when this very LARGE (Can we say More than Tubby Boys and Girls) Black Woman (Gods don't get me started on what she was wearing.) rushes past me (Okay waddles past me) pushes this 80+ Lady out of the way, gets in the scooter and starts backing up.  The Elderly Lady was too shocked to even say anything, let alone react but yours truly was truly honked off!
     (Before I go any further, this isn't about the Tubby Woman in way to tight pants and a BRIGHT ORANGE top taking the Scooter when it was pretty durned obvious from the way she scooted past me that she prolly doesn't have mobility issues.  Yes it annoys me when I see people that probably don't need them using the scooters, but I try not to judge since I don't know for sure.)
     So this honked off middle aged White Man (That's me folks) steps up behind the over laden scooter and jams my right foot under the rear wheel.  I say very politely to the woman, "I'm sorry Miss, but this lady was here first to get the scooter.  You should let her use it and wait for the next one."
     Folks I hope that the Lady doesn't kiss her children with that mouth, because the rather colorful diatribe that came out of her (Purple lipstick) lips amazed even me.  "Motherf***er, I was here first!"
"You Stupid Piece of Sh*t, get the f**K out of my way!"  are some of the tamer lines she used.  The whole time she is trying to "gun" the Scooter and run over my foot, but not having much success mainly cause I have big feet and those things aren't known for their horsepower.
     Needless to say, by this time we have drawn quite a crowd.  I spotted at least two people filming it so I suspect it may either make the evening news or at least You-Tube.  (Keep an eye out will ya?)  Finally, the Floor Manager (five minutes later, I think he was afraid to come over.) shows up and asks what the problem was.  The Scooter Lady proceeds to tell him that "This Racist Motherf**ker is messing with me."
     (As another side note here, I am indeed a Racist in the truest sense of the word in that I think the vast majority of the Human race truly sucks.  Okay back to the rant!)
     I explained to the Manager what had occurred and my testimony was backed up by several people who had witnessed the beginning of this little conflict.  He politely told the Woman that she had to allow the Elderly lady to have the Scooter and assured her that another would become available soon.  The woman gets off the Scooter, looks right at me and flips me off.  She then storms (Waddles) out of the store cursing the store, me and my venerable ancestors.  I help the Elderly Lady into the scooter and she just kind of smiled at me kind of puzzledly.  I told her to have a good day and kind of grinned to myself as she rode off.
     No one applauded, no one cheered, but really I didn't need it.  I didn't do it for praise.  Hells, technically I didn't even do it because it was the right thing.  Truthfully I did it because that Tubby Woman with the bad attitude PISSED ME OFF!  It just so happens that my temper and the right thing to do coincided today.
     Oh also on the bright side, I found the salt that I was looking for to send to my Wife!  Definitely a win win sitch.
End of Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment