Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Of Cowards and Brothers

     All of you who have read this blog for awhile (all three of you) have heard me mention many times the name of my Brother in every way but blood, Ben Baker.  You have heard me talk about his honesty and courage much to often probably.  You know that he is a devoted husband and father plus one of the finest journalists I have ever had the pleasure to know.  He is just as brash and honest as I am when it comes to stating his beliefs.  He is one of the finest men besides my Father I have ever known.


     So you can imagine the sheer anger and frustration I feel when I watch the above video.  Cowards attempted arson and then when that failed, fired bullets through my Brother's home while his wife and children were in there.  (As an aside, let me say this was remarkably stupid since Mr. Baker has an arsenal that most small countries would envy.)  They then attacked his place of business.  No one is sure who did it or exactly what their motives were.
     Like me, my Brother has made a career out of speaking his mind and pissing people off.  Even back in our college days, his News reports covered everything from toxic cafeteria food to bison sized roaches in Alumni Hall.  He has never been one to hold back the truth or facts to protect anyone's feelings or to protect himself.  Being a small town news editor/reporter, this has gotten people riled at him more than a few times.
     More than likely, the criminals that attacked Mr. Baker were upset about something he wrote.  They probably felt offended or even threatened by some article that he published.  And like most cowards, instead of confronting him they attacked from secret.  Mr. Baker's wife, son and daughter were also home during the attacks and could have easily been injured or even killed.  
     History is rife with people/organizations trying to suppress honest journalists with violence.  A lot of journalists have caved to such pressure.  The good ones never did and never will.  My Brother, Ben Baker, is one of the good ones.  If I ever achieve half the integrity that he possesses, I will consider myself a lucky and blessed man.
     If anyone knows any thing about this, there is a $500.00 reward being offered and I will personally toss in a batch of my famous Sugar Cookies to (ahem) sweeten the pot.  Just contact the Ashburn Police or the GBI.  Help the cops catch this guy before we do.  Trust me, you will be doing them a favor.
End of Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment