Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2018

If you ain't voting, then stop whining or Wow people are still paying me for doing this.

Before I begin this little rant, let me give you some brief history about myself. I am an author with 4 books to my credit. I am also a wee bit of an asshole. (Seriously, if the name of the blog didn't tell you that then reading that sentence prolly didn't help.) I am a Moderate Independent when it comes to politics with admittedly Liberal tendencies. (Dungeons and Dragons reference, get your grandparents to explain it to you.) I have been writing professionally since I was 16 years old. My first paid piece was a short OP-ED piece in the GRIT (Yes it was an actual thing.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grit_(newspaper)) entitled “If you don't vote don't complain.” It earned me the grand total of $35.00 which was a hefty amount to a 16 year old kid in Rural Alabama. Finding out that people would actually pay me for the weird thoughts that rampaged through my headparts pretty much sealed my fate and I have been writing ever since. Anyways, enough history. Onward and Downwards!
So I am seeing a whole lot of “VOTE RED!” and “VOTE BLUE!” and “VOTE THOSE LOSERS OUT!” More so than any other time that I can remember. (Keep in mind, I am currently on narcotics so my long term memory is kind of shot.) Everyone and their aardvark are screaming at the top of their lungs for THIER side to get out and kick the other side out of the government. Each side is doing their best to make the other side seem like the second coming of Lucifer D. Devil and their own side to be one step away from God. The general cry is “If THEY are allowed to Keep/Seize power then we are all DOOMED!”
Like I mentioned earlier, I am a Moderate and an Independent. In the past I have voted both Republican and Democrat for local, state and national elections. I tend to focus on which candidates are right for the job not which party they belong to. The best thing about this is that it pretty much gives me free reign to smack down both sides whenever I feel like it which I often do. Readers of my blog and followers on Twitter have seen me rage against Damnocrats and Reboobicans over and over. So as a Moderate Independent Uncommon Tater, let me say this. Forget “Vote Blue!” Forget “Vote Red!” Just get EFF out there and freaking VOTE!
Here is my thoughtifying on that rather loud sentence. I am kind of easy and prolly a little bit gullible so I believe that no matter what happens that everything will work out in the end. Sure, things may suck for awhile. Sure we may need to rebuild afterwards, but no matter who is in charge we will survive. So, having said that, GET OUT THERE AND VOTE! Vote Damnocrat, vote Reboobican, Vote Liarberterain! (Still working on a good insult for that one. Any ideas? Suggestions?) Vote Red! Vote Blue! Vote Plaid! Vote Rainbow! Just get the EFF out of your chairs and vote!
We are a Democracy (Ok yeah technically we aren't, but moving on...) which means ideally that the governments we elect are representative of the wishes of the people. If the “People” want to elect a Trans-Species One eyed one horned flying purple people eater (You have heard that song, right? If no, SHAME!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx47qrH1GRs) I am a pretty easy going dude so I will survive no matter what. (Being straight White and Christian doesn't hurt my chances either.) I am okay with a Conservative Government or a Liberal one or a combination thereof as long as it is voted in by a majority of Americans because (at least in theory) if say 89% of all eligible Americans vote, then the type of government you get is the one that almost everyone approves of.
Come November and come 2020, get out and vote. Vote for whomever you feel will be least likely to EFF us over. (Come on, they're politicians, no one can really expect them to actually represent us.) I am sick and tired of everyone whining and kvetching about how bad our government is or how evil the party running it is because the majority of y'all don't even bother to get up off your lazy butts and vote. Like my long ago first paid piece said, “If you don't vote. Don't complain.”


No comments:

Post a Comment