Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

We got Trumped or "Its the end of the world as we know it."


I'm set, are you?



     So I pondered long and hard about exactly what this first blog would be about after Donald Trump became the President Elect for the United States of America.  I thought about some clever, snarky and extremely insulting bit with silly snips aimed at his Toupee or some wise sounding quips aimed at all of the stupid things he has said and done for the past year.  I even thought about a truly insulting rant about the lack of intelligence or common sense of the people who voted him into office.  I also pondered just putting a giant clipart image of a turd here to show exactly what I think of the whole thing.  I finally decided on the following.  I hope you enjoy it.
     
No matter how painful it may be.

     Anyone who follows me here or on Facebook and Twitter (All five of you) knows how I felt about Trump's campaign and his future presidency.  They also have a good idea about how I actually feel about the people who supported him and got him elected.  They know I'd rather have Satan Himself running the country than Trump.  (As an aside, my feelings toward Clinton were only slightly better.  If she had been running against Old Scratch, I might have been torn over my vote.)  As time moves forward, I fully expect to run hundreds of blogs about how Humping Ponce.(Not going to explain Ponce, look it up.  The effort will do you good.) is ruining the nation (BTW I hope I am wrong and they actually do a great job.  I really do.), but this blog isn't about that.
     All morning I have seen Facebook and Twitter filled with hatred and rage.  I see Trump supporters mocking Clinton supporters and I see Clinton supporters mocking Trump supporters.  I see Clinton supporters saying they will refuse to acknowledge Trump as POTUS and do everything they can to undermine his presidency.  I also see Trump supporters talking about how all the people who supported Clinton need to be shot, arrested and all sorts of evil wishes.  All I can say is, GROW UP!
     Right or wrong, good or bad and all those other sayings, the election is now over and the American People have made their decision.  I despise Trump and seriously question the intelligence of many of the people who support him, but he won.  Barring an actual Zombie Apocalypse, he will be President for the next 4 years (3 years...2 years...ever how long he is in charge till he is arrested for something.) and railing against it will solve nothing.  Screaming and ranting about how unfair things are only makes you and the country look really bad.  
     I understand the fears of all my Black/Hispanic/Women/LGBT friends with a fully Conservative Government now in control.  (Ponce is so completely anti-science that he might as well be a member of the Spanish Inquistion which of course no one would ever expect.)  I understand that they are terrified that all of the progress seen in the past 8 years will be destroyed and those fears are well founded.  However, good or bad, we live in a country where no one side can ever fully control how things go.  Democracy is about as messy and sometimes unfair to some groups as you can get.  We accept these things and we move on.  We try to learn from our mistakes and make better decisions the next time.
     I personally have enough faith in America to believe that no matter who is in charge or no matter which party is in control that we have enough checks and balances in place to keep the nation from being destroyed.  Even if Trump and the Conservatives are as a big a disaster as I believe they will be, the nation will survive the next 4 years and hopefully will learn from this horrible mistake.  I am also Tater enough to admit if if I turn out to be wrong.  If Trump and his ilk actually wind up doing a great job to make the nation better for everyone, I will happily (okay, somewhat grumpily) admit it.
     I've seen both sides saying the usual "We must set aside our differences and animosity and move forward for the best of the nation" and they are right.  The election is over, one side won and one side lost.  Nothing is going to change that.  Now we have to move forward and try to work together no matter how we feel.  Okay, honest addendum to that statement.  You all have to move forward.  Me, I'm all set for years of prewritten blogs.  Just saying.
End of Rant

2 comments:

  1. You need to get used to the idea that a real American is going to be President now. He is going to make sure that traitors like you will be lined up and shot. White people will stop having their rights taken away from them and given to Blacks and Queers. Power in America is now back where it belongs with the race that made America great. All of you welfare leeches will find yourself homeless and hungry when Trump takes away your free stuff. He will also make Gay marriage illegal again like God meant it to be and I pray he will put all of the Gays in camps so that they can't hurt anyone anymore. God has proven that he loves America by destroying the Liberals that threatened true Americans. Now we will see all of those perverts and degenerates put in their place. You and all of other Liberals will burn in Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mr. A Nonny Moose. Come by my office and make this statement to my face.

    Oh right, yer too much of a coward to do that. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete