Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Countdown to Trumpageddon Day One or Is this trip really nessecary?


Brains...brains...dear god I am so hungry.


     The next few weeks will be fairly boring.  Sorry about that folks, but the really interesting crap won't start till Trumponce (New word, copyrighted.  If you use it, you owe me a nickel.) takes office.  The handy link at the top of the rant gives you the exact time left.  Please feel free to use it.  I mean, Trumponce being elected is kind of like all of the dolphins leaving in the classic 4th book in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy.  How many times can you say, "Dolphins still gone" or in this case "Toupee that walks like a man elected POTUS?"  So the next few weeks of tating will be mostly about other disasters happening in the world or just random musings from your not so modest scribe,  Just sit back and relax, we'll get to the end of the world soon enough.
     I thought about doing a rant on exactly how we, as an American people, let this disaster happen.  I also considered talking about all of the really bad things that are very likely to happen once Trumponce takes office.  I even considered a piece on the hypocrisy of the Right Wingers mocking all of the people who threatened to leave the US if Trump was elected when entire states tried to secede just because a Black Man dared to be elected POTUS.  However since I am currently on vacation till Sunday, I decided to hold off on the somewhat serious stuff till next Monday.  Till then, it's just going to be random stuff that catches my attention.
A rare candid photo of Trump before his makeup.
     My early observations of the post-election hysteria is one of complete Unsurprise (Yeah I know its not a real word, sue me.) and extreme disappointment mixed with some amusement thrown in just to confuse me.  The Unsurprise comes from all of the vitriol coming from both sides with insults flying left, right, up and down.  Extreme disappointment comes from seeing people that I personally know should be above this kind of crap engaging in name calling and outright lies.  I see people who have gone on and on for years about how bad other people are resorting to the exact same thing now that the foot coverage is placed on the opposite appendage.  The instances of this happening are far to many to list here, so just let me say SHAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME! to all of you in the first two categories.

Well, close acquaintances at best.
     Current amusements are not nearly as numerous.  My Facebook page and my Twitter account are filled with comments and insults that are better left in the 60s and all they are doing is proving how right I have been about pointing out how little we have changed in the past 50 years despite what a couple of friends like to think.  
    Among my amusements is two separate friends who are lifelong Conservative Republicans and Mormons who have posted comments before and after the election saying just how bad things will be when Trump is elected.  Folks when its so bad that people who's family has voted Republican since the Mayflower landed don't vote Republican, then its generally a good sign that things are bad,  Amusement the second, is having my Brother announce that he didn't get elected to any office (Note: He didn't run for any to begin with) and having another friend talk about how his dog, Molly didn't get elected too.  I also suffered extreme amusement when I "forced" a friend who had sworn not to make a political comment break her oath not once, but twice.  And just now, I had a FB friend who has seen my tating for years asking me ot be patient.  Anyone who has actually read this blog knows that patience ain't exactly my strong point.
     As the countdown continues, I fully expect to have fuel for more intense and snarky blogs handed to me from both sides.  Till then I hope that these filler pieces will amuse and distract you.  Keep reading for the COUNTDOWN TO TRUMPAGEDDON!  (Insert echo chamber effect here.)
End of Rant

Wait, you mean the word isn't about small fuzzy critters?

No comments:

Post a Comment