Total Pageviews

Monday, November 18, 2013

I really gotta ask, WTF?



Now folks, I am not even going to begin to comment on Some of the actions of the Police involved in the almost ludicrous series of events listed in the above article. Some of the actions that occurred were a little off and the idea that a Cop opened fire on the rear of a van filled with children strikes me as downright stupid. However as I read the article and watched the video, one thought kept dancing through my Caffeine addled headparts.
WHAT THE FUGG WAS THE MOTHER THINKING!?
So this lady on a drive with her children, presumably going on some sort of vacation, is pulled over on a routine traffic stop because she was apparently speeding quite a bit over the posted speed limit. Now in any ordinary situation, the cops would have spoken to her, given her a ticket and she would have moved on with her life. Cops would have gotten back in their car and went out for donuts. End of story.
Instead, the woman leads the cops on a chase that wouldn't have been to out of place in SpeedyNCranky 3. (Get it?) The chase winds up including even more cops and the aforementioned gun discharge. The mother winds up getting arrested and charged with multiple counts including child endangerment (Wonder if the cop who fired the shots will get that charge too?) A couple of Weed Pipes were also found in the car, but no mention is made of actual drugs.
Like I said, I am not trying to defend some of the actions done by the police, but you do have to wonder exactly what made the woman go so berserk? It sure as hades couldn't been the fear of getting a ticket. The Mother's actions smack of either some form of guilty conscience or serious mental issues. The fact that she would willingly place her kids in danger makes me question her maternal instincts.
As always I don't have any answers, just a whole bunch of questions that I will probably never know the answers to. I just cannot grasp what happened and what made it happen.
End of Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment