Total Pageviews

Monday, October 28, 2019

Say what you mean and mean what you say or "What are you? 4?"


So anyone who has actually read all of these blogs (You know who you are and seriously, get professional help. Reading this sort of thing is not good for you.) knows that I don't like Trump. Of course, they also know I didn't like Obama, Bush Jr. and Clinton. Now I did have a soft spot in my heart (head) for Bush Sr. and I was particularly fond of Reagan. Sure he kind of sucked but at least he had the excuse of Alzheimer which made him our first verifiable mentally ill POTUS. So, yeah, me and politicians are like oil and a match,
During Obama's reign, I was disgusted by the hatred and vitriol spewed forth by Conservatives. No matter how much I disapproved of his actions and policies, the images of him being hung and burned in effigy really chaffed my garters. I railed against it over and over again as Racists compared his wife to an ape and his children to chimps. Liberals proudly proclaimed that they would never do such things no matter how bad a Republican POTUS might be. Well Sherman, set the not so way forward machine to the current day and lets see how that worked out.
Let me preface the rest of this rant with this. I despise Donald Trump. I feel his hatred and bullying has made America the laughingstock of the world. I feel his policies have done more damge to America than the Great Recession. After running on the usual platform of “fiscal responsibility” and ranting against Obama adding trillions to the debt, he has added three trillion dollars to the debt and doubled the deficit in less than three years. So yeah, I don't like Hair Furrer all that much. Okay, now that we have that out of the way, onward and downward!
My Daddy always said that respect is given, not earned. Of course he also said that possum boiled in moonshine tasted good so we prolly shouldn't put too much faith in what he said. But “respect” means more to me than treating others with respect. Having respect means not lowering yourself to the same level as all of the idiots around you. Sure, Trump is an idiot. Yes, he is a bully and God knows he's incompetent, but acting like a 5 year old on the playground makes you look just as bad.
Fer example, Trump and the 3rd Lady went to a baseball game the other night and the crowds immediately launched into Donnie's favorite chant and yelled, “LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!” (Side type note here, why did the Trumps go to a ball game and not take their kid? I mean...baseball....kids...? Not a dig against Trump, just curious.) See whereas I do view the whole scene as sort of karmic payback for all the times he has inflamed his drones with similar chants and seeing it happen on national TV on front of millions of viewers was mildly amusing, it still boils down to stooping to his level.
I guess what it boils down to is this. If you can't argue against a person without resorting to grade school insults and playground antics, then you are no better than the people you rail against. Conservatives did it during Obama and now Liberals are doing the same thing under Trump. When I ranted against Obama, I commented on his extending of Bush era wire tapping and his nearly doubling of the drone and missile strikes Bush started that led to 1000s of civilians murdered in the ME. Now I rant against Trump's raiding of military funds to “build” a useless border wall and the fact that he is well on his way to beating Obama's debt increases. (Okay okay, I do occasionally tate on his really bad wig and his love of greasy fast food, but only on days ending in Y.) To make a long story short (TOO LATE!) I try to make my jibes and rants based off actual things he has done wrong.
When you criticize someone, always try and view how your words and critique will be seen by those who don't necessarily agree with your POV. Playing to your normal audience is easy, but trying to speak to everyone is hard. But hey, that is just my NSHO.
End of Rant

No comments:

Post a Comment