Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2016

A shield against the storm

     A wise man once wrote, "no man is an island."   Another wrote something along the lines of "a house built upon the sand."  Both spoke of how we will always be stronger when we have those we can depend on and always trust to "have our 6."  It doesn't matter how strong a person is or how independent he thinks he is, he is always stronger when he has family backing him up.
     I have been blessed with a handful of friends that are as close to me as family.  People who I know quite literally call at 3am in the morning and say, "I need help" and that is all it would take for them to be on the road to aid me.  If you have never known that incredible gift, I feel sorry for you.
     Recently, my family suffered a terrible loss.  The sudden shock was a brutal blow to us.  I reached out to one of those "family by choice not by blood" just for a sympathetic early.  This Brother not only gave me that ear, be offered so much more.  I told him how we might not be able to afford something very important and this Brother that I know can ill afford the extra cash said "we can help with that if you need it."
     That is the rock that my house is built on.  Friends, some I have known forever and a few I have only known as short time, that I know will always be there for me.  That is my greatest gift and my greatest responsibility because I must be the same rock for all of them.

No Rant This Time, Just Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment