Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

On Cows and Chicks

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Media/Img/content/Cows/Gallery/cow-9.png
Get ready for a Moo-ving experience
           When I first herd about the uproar over Chik's uproar over Same Sex...well anything, I was truly cowed.  With all of the other Taters in an uproar over this SHOCKING revelation, I felt it behoofed me to sink as low for my fifteen min...erm seconds of fame.  So here is where I horn in and let the world know how I feel.
           This is a tail that should bring udder shame to Chik and its cult of followers who worship Bovines with poor spelling skills.  In this era of national acceptance of all forms of diversity (Well except for Muslims, Mexicans, Mormons, Left handed redheads from Idaho...)  Hmm okay national acceptance of things we already like, the idea that a group of people could steadfastly cling to their beliefs like so much cattle should shock us.  It is a clear sign that we are stampeding towards anarchy!  
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGqtc5RnIeRPa7znno91Bapb89c-pHw7XW9CgAr7SVb7wvAWKcYw
Forget same sex and multi-racial, we are talking multi-species here.
           Let's take stock of the opposition here.  The Muppets have come out against Chik and have even gone so far to say that they will no longer do business with them.  Now folks, you know someone has gone too far when anthropomorphic felt covered creatures who talk by having someone's hand shoved up their butts are against them.  Wake up and smell the waffle fries, Chik!
          We cannot let this discrimination stayed cooped up too long.  We have only just begun to scratch the surface of bigotry and racism in this grand nation.  I know that distrust of Different is wired into our makeup, but we can move beyond this towards a beakon of  a new dawn.         
          Let me end this rant with the following.  I totally support each and every person's right to believe as they see fit.  The old phrase "I don't necessarily believe what you believe, but I support your right to believe it" still holds true today or it should  Are Chik and its owner's view a form of bigotry, yes.  Should those who find their attitudes insulting boycott them?  Absolutely!  But always keep in mind that as long as they make their views known in a legal and peaceful way, they are entitled to have them.  

          (As a final challenge, I hereby challenge all of my readers to identify and list all of the cow and chicken puns in this piece and post them.  The winners of this challenge will get...absolutely nothing.)




No comments:

Post a Comment