Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Lesson in Caution and Humlity

          Anyone that knows me or reads my work knows that I am an Ass with an Ego the size of Jupiter (Planet not God).  It takes a lot for to admit that I am wrong and even more for me to apologize for it.  Well, mark this day on your calendar folks because here goes.  I was wrong for something and I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by it.
          To keep the background simple, I posted a "poster" on my FB wall that featured an Actress who gained some fame as a somewhat dimwitted character on a long running comedy show.  In the poster, she essentially grouped every single member of a certain demographic together and accused them all of being guilty of thousands of years of hatred and crimes against humanity.  The group was The Christian Right and the group they were accused of torturing was the LGBT community.
          No GROUP is responsible for any action.  It is the individuals within the group that perform, for good or evil, any action and it is the individuals that should be held accountable.  Blaming all for the actions of some is just as much intolerance and a crime as any violence performed by the individuals of the group. 
          So this is me, saying "I was wrong and I apologize."  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment