Total Pageviews

Friday, December 16, 2011

Pardon my rant

okay for those who follow me on Facebook, you know by this point that I had several hundred dollars worth of meat stolen from my deep freeze this morning so you can well understand that my opinion of humanity was already running at an all time low (and that is saying something for me) before I went out to the local Wal-Mart to attempt to replace at least part of the meat lost to me. I really wasn't expecting to have that opinion shot any lower, but life never ceases to surprise me.

Now before I go any further, let me state that this rant is not about the current Welfare System and the myriad of abuses that people perform using the government funds given to them for food, medicines and other essentials that everyone needs. No, this rant is about just how rotten people are. Read on for my example.

So I buy what little food that we have extra money for and I pull my buggy up to the "20 items or less" line. (Needless to say that I easily met this requirement.) Ahead of me in the line was a middle aged Caucasian Woman surrounded by four children between the ages of 2 and 6. Her buggy is literally filled with cases of beer, chips etc and several bottles of wine.

The youngest girl reaches out and snags a "2 for a dollar" KitKat and holds it up. The next largest immediately does the same. The woman scolds them both and says, "We can't afford candy so put it back." The girls complied with the youngest crying her eyes out. (Already you can see why this was getting me grumped off but read on.)

The cashier rings up $300.00+ worth of booze and junk. The lady immediately pulls out the Benefits card that you can use to purchase anything (Forget what it's called.) and uses it to pay for the booze and junk. She then drags the still crying little girl out of the store.

Now I am already insulted that this woman paid for alcohol with her benefits card that should only be used to food, clothes, medicine. The fact that this piece of trash wouldn't buy her kids/grand kids a dollars worth of candy while she was buying herself a cart of junk just pisses me off. I should have picked up the candy paid for it and given it to the girls, but I was already in a foul mood so it didn't occur to me till the drive home.

So like I said, my already low opinion of people has reached an all time rock bottom level just in time for Christmas. Here's hoping that yours turns out a lot better than mine has so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment